JAPANESE PRO SUMO STAR: HANDS-ON COACHING
Rapidly Boost Your Sumo Skills!
Multi-time World Sumo Champion, YAMA, with 30 years of sumo experience, coaches you directly. His Pro Sumo top division success, and his unique insight will help you with customized sumo guidance, so you can develop your own, most effective style.
Yama’s Message …
Sumo is NOT one-size fits all. You need to cultivate your own style, based on your body type, physical assets, and mentality, to maximize your own strengths. I can give you personalized advice, to expedite your sumo success. Get better now!
PRO SUMO LEVEL AUTHENTIC TRAINING
YOUR SUMO POTENTIAL
Master Sumo Fundamentals
Best Tips for Rapid Mastery.
Get specific pointers that YOU need to focus on.
Special Sumo Sessions
Specialized classes for target groups also available.
Refine your skills with more advanced sumo knowledge.
Japanese Pro Sumo Experience
Feel the intensity of real sumo training!
Pre-Competition Sumo Seminars
Work as a team to prepare for international matches!
ABOUT YAMAMOTO SUMO DOJO
YAMA – COACH PROFILE
- 30 years Sumo experience
- 5 years in Japanese Pro Sumo
- Pro Sumo Divisional Champion (2x)
- World Sumo Champion (2x)
- Heaviest Japanese Sumo Wrestler EVER
- Acting: over 300 TV shows & 4 feature films
- US Sumo Open Head Judge (annually since 2014)
- Coaching Americans, hands-on, since 2014
Saturday, January 15: 2:00 pm – 5:00 pmCANCELLED
Due to COVID concerns, the building owner has closed the dojo on this day. Unfortunately, we can not enter for sumo class.
- Saturday, January 22: 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm * Additional dates to be updated soon.
1824 W 182nd Street, Torrance, CA 90504
- Fee: $10 per session (FREE for ages under 18)
- All participants need their own mawashis (sumo belts).
- Please arrive on time.
- Schedule is updated every month or so.
$25.00 – $30.00/tee (Size S – 6XL)
This is the official dojo emblem, worn in competition. Only available for approved, long-term students, with Yama’s consent. Authentic, imported from Japan.
SUMO BELT – MAWASHI
All sumo belts are OFFICIAL thickness and strength, with special knitting, from Japan, and are approved for official tournaments worldwide. These are real sumo belts, used throughout Japan in both amateur and professional sumo.