Our sumo sessions are led by multi-time World Champions, and experienced Japanese sumo wrestlers. You can rapidly increase your sumo skill!
You will learn sumo fundamentals, including stretches, warm-ups, rituals, rules, and effective techniques. Many of our athletes compete and succeed on the national and international levels. Others come to practice, just for a good workout and to improve their health.
Regular participants range in age from kids to seniors, both men and women, of all skill levels. Feel free to try a class, at you convenience.
6’4″, 600 lbs
* 5 years in Japanese Pro Sumo
* Pro Sumo Divisional Champion (2 times)
* 2-time World Sumo Champion
* Heaviest Japanese Sumo Wrestler Ever
5’8″, 240 lbs
* 5-time Japanese National University Champion
* US Sumo Open Champion (2 times)
* One or more of these instructors are at most practices.
Classes are held year-round. The schedule is updated here regularly.
NOTE: Due to coronavirus concerns, classes are currently suspended. Please check back for updates. We will post the new schedule as soon as conditions improve.
Fee: $10 per session (FREE for ages under 18)
19751 S. Figueroa Street
Carson, CA 90745
* PRACTICE IS IN THE BACK OF THE BUILDING! Enter via the BACK driveway!
Notes for Newbies:
* Just wear gym attire (shorts for men, and shorts & tops for women).
* New students can borrow “loaner” sumo belts. Note that these are available for your first few sessions, and subject to availability. New students will have priority. We do not have over-sized loaner belts.
* MAWASHI (Sumo belts)
Please inquire with further questions. CONTACT